In order to provision and control systems in a cloud environment, an orchestration engine is configured with various scripts. These scripts are often used to implement policy, initiate actions, define specific system configurations, and integrate with infrastructure elements in the cloud (such as DNS, IPAM, and other infrastructure elements). The Automation Specialist is responsible for configuration and scripts used through and by an orchestration engine.
- 6-8 years in operations and systems engineering (Linux, Windows)
- Experience working with clients to understand & analyze business needs and map them against core technology features to identify candidate solutions.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills; strong problem identification and problem solving skills
- Strong writing skills that lead to clear, concise, and unambiguous technical and non-technical documentation.
Specific Skills and Technologies Required
- System administration experience with an understanding of sysadmin scripting (Bourn shell languages on Unix/Linux, Powershell on Windows)
- Understanding of virtualized environments and experience with either VMWare, RedHat KVM/RHEVM, and/or AWS deployments
- Experience consuming APIs, JSON, XML, HTML, & Web Services
- Expertise with configuration management products such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible and/or SaltStack is a significant plus
- Familiarity with software development best practices such as code repositories (i.e Git, SVN, CVS), build servers (i.e. Jenkins, TravisCI), and software package management is desired
- Expertise in Java and Go, a plus
- College Degree (BS, BA, AAS) in Computer Science or Information Technology related field. Experience may be substituted.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at client locations including periodic travel. Travel is estimated to be 25% annually.